Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:28:13 +0100

Dave Page wrote:
Argh. Personally, domains which m/^.*uk.*\.(com|net|org)$/ make me want
to tear my eyes out, I'd much rather have a .org.uk which doesn't
contain "uk" in the name.

I inherently dislike .org.uk because i feel it is messy.
and actually I disagree with your point in genera

Also some of us can't easily read basic regular expressions unfortunately.

---

I would prefer a .org over other stuff.

My favourite so far :

ukfsg.org

or to compromise with Dave's view,

freesoftwaregroup[s].org (and easy to read derivatives)

I think that a domain like Andy said, which isn't only letters might do well and I would encourage people to think out of the box a bit in terms of a easy to remember URL, rather than thinking of the most elaborate recursive acronym. ;)

--
www.tdobson.net
----