Re: [Fsfe-uk] Young Greens moving on FS

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Young Greens moving on FS
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:17:21 +0000

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 04:00, Mark Preston wrote:

> I agree that in the real world the best that can be hoped for is
> reasonable copyright laws,

What is reasonable will vary from person to person.

>  but whatever these may be they will still
> mean that electronic communications all have to be monitored to ensure
> compliance. Not a desirable state of affairs in my view.

Not all electronic communications are monitored now. You can E-mail
encrypted stuff that even if monitored would be difficult to comprehend.

These debates tend to polarise. All electronic communications monitored
or none, no matter what? Personally, I thnk being unable to monitor any
EC under any circumstances would also be an undesirable state of
affairs.

--
Ian Lynch <address@hidden>
ZMS Ltd