Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC 2004 and AFFS AGM

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC 2004 and AFFS AGM
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:57:42 +0100

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:17:03PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:

> On 2004-05-05 11:45:24 +0100 Chris Croughton <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Can someone please give the full address for this.
>
> The venue is Handsworth Grammar School, Grove Lane, Handsworth,
> Birmingham, B21 9ET.

Thanks.

> > The website doesn't help, either, it has a section "Getting to the
> > conference" -- which then says "Details will appear here."  (And
> > there's
> > only two weeks to publish those details and details of the conference
> > programme...)
>
> I'm going as fast as I can. Kevin Donnelly has offered a very welcome
> hand with the web page. (Thank you Kevin!) I've just uploaded the map
> and directions Ian forwarded (which also appeared on this list), but
> the server has now stopped answering ssh before I can put them online.
> I'll do it ASAP.

I see that the information, and links to a map and Streetmap, is not
there, thanks.  Off the A41 is easy for me...

Hmm, that prompted me to look up your hosts, Positive Internet, of
whom I had never heard.  They can't be bad, they're using Debian (and
seem to be an all GNU/Linux shop).  They don't say where their equipment
is (although since their contact is London, presumably there).  I've
bookmarked them for future reference...

> I think I need one more reply before I have a publishable programme.
> If I don't have it by the morning, I'll just put "TBC" in their place.

OK, no problem.

> > It would also be useful if announcements contained a link to the
> > relevant page on the website...
>
> http://www.affs.org.uk/affsac.html will soon be branded on your mind
> like it is on mine.

Well, I got to www.affs.org.uk by guesswork (I couldn't remember which
suffix it had).

Hmm, I'm not yet a member, if I send in my membership this weekend will
I get in?  Or can I join on the door?

Chris C