Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:56:16 +0100

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:37:03AM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> > As I said, that wasn't written in stone and there have been some small
> > changes based on the feedback.  I'll post more ASAP, once I've checked
> > a few things.  Should be today.
>
> Just received the letter announcing the AGM. It may be a good idea to send
> details to this list, too?

It will be, don't worry. The main people we want is the members though,
and the snail-mail is a constitution thing. We just wanted to tell the
members first.

> * The details, schedule, registration and directions mentioned in the
> letter aren't on the web site. http://www.affs.org.uk/affsac.html should
> be linked in to, say, the diary and the front page?

Funnily enough, it is. We're just waiting on the registration CGI before
publishing it - probably later today. I believe press releases have
already gone out, though.

> I know it's too late to say this now, but if the timespan was too short to
> invite speakers or arrange the sessions in advance, why wasn't a later
> date selected?

Again, a constitution thing. We would have preferred to wait until BrumExpo,
but we promise to hold one every 15 months (at least, I think), and that
means May. That said, we probably have a good idea of the programme already,
since we've had people offer to speak already.