Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AGM
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:05:46 +0100

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:31:43PM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi ... just wondering if this is still going ahead? I see that there's an
> Expo on 24-26 June 2003 now ... and the AGM isn't mentioned on the web
> site ... and 15th is fast approaching!

Nope, the planned AGM at the Expo isn't going ahead, since the Expo has
been postponed slightly for geopolitical reasons.

Unfortunately, we would have said something sooner, but it would have made
life very difficult for the Expo organisers had we pre-empted their offical
statement, which only came this week.

Now everything is public, we can start discussing alternatives - Marc
briefly mentioned this in a mail yesterday (tagged onto the bottom of a
whole nother subject though, IIRC).

The current idea floating around is that we have the AGM beginning/mid May,
I think (Mark?). We're probably now talking about a solely AFFS event,
in London or some other convenient location. What do people think? I think
we might have a specific theme, or something - just an AGM would be a bit
boring, it might be that we have a kind of informal meeting before or after
in some convenient watering hole to talk more practical matters.

Hope this enlightens some, if people have any ideas about this, please
do make them known!