Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: Nick Mailer
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:49:16 +0100

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 09:19:45AM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2002, Alex Hudson wrote:
>
> > AFFS is not about pushing people to GNU/Linux install days (although we
> > would support people doing that), it's more about large-scale action -
> > action that requires co-ordination and mass participation to succeed.
> > People Who Do Stuff, but doing it together.
>
> And, of course, the beautiful irony about all this is that while Messrs
> Mailer, Coxal et. al. were occupying themselves with esoteric arguments
> and rants against beaurocracy, the constitution, (did they have time for
> the monarchy?), about our tedious processes and methods, the People Who Do
> Stuff at the meeting quietly came up with quite a few good ideas for
> large-scale action and how to co-ordinate it and arrange the levels of
> participation needed.

You are misusing the word esoteric there. If you believe that the
discussions we were having are esoteric, then I don't understand why
you support Free Software in the first place, frankly. Please
elucidate what specific aspects of our discussions were esoteric, I
shall attempt to throw some empirical light thereon.