Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:19:45 +0100 (BST)

On 16 Apr 2002, Alex Hudson wrote:

> AFFS is not about pushing people to GNU/Linux install days (although we
> would support people doing that), it's more about large-scale action -
> action that requires co-ordination and mass participation to succeed.
> People Who Do Stuff, but doing it together.

And, of course, the beautiful irony about all this is that while Messrs
Mailer, Coxal et. al. were occupying themselves with esoteric arguments
and rants against beaurocracy, the constitution, (did they have time for
the monarchy?), about our tedious processes and methods, the People Who Do
Stuff at the meeting quietly came up with quite a few good ideas for
large-scale action and how to co-ordinate it and arrange the levels of
participation needed.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Savory                                Email: address@hidden