Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute

From: Nick Mailer
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Just a Minute
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:19:20 +0100

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:07:54PM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Nick Mailer wrote:
>
> > You are misusing the word esoteric there. If you believe that the
> > discussions we were having are esoteric, then I don't understand why
> > you support Free Software in the first place, frankly. Please
> > elucidate what specific aspects of our discussions were esoteric, I
> > shall attempt to throw some empirical light thereon.
>
> Quite right, I got almost the exact opposite word to the one I wanted.
> D'oh! Sorry about that. Anyway, I think the debate about the debates on
> Saturday is pretty much dead now, so please just ignore my last comment.
>
> You have quite a unique writing style, by the way. Don't suppose you'd
> care to hammer out some promo text for us to hand out on the stand at the
> Birmingham Expo?

I shall be at the Brum Expo running our company's stand. I'll be glad
to point people in the AFFS's direction too. I would be happy to write
some introductory material. Don't worry, I'm not always this purple in
my prose - I wrote a book on the Internet in Education whose main
attraction was clarity ;-) Anyway, let me know what needs written and
how much, and I'll be glad to draft something up for the approval of
everyone.