Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?
Date: 07 Aug 2001 16:09:34 +0100

E L Tonkin <address@hidden> writes:

> IMHO, the bottom line is this: very few people have ever read an iso
> standard of any variety, whereas world+dog use TLDs.

No, more use ISO codes to denote their currencies.  Not all societies
are as insular as ours.  Surprisingly, ATS seems to have become
Austria's normal way of writing their currency despite its lack of
meaning in the language.

Computer users will be used to entering their language code, too, to
get the damn machine to say something comprehensible, I suspect.

Anyway, that was where it was coming from.  We're inconsistent.
Again.

> NB. Do not take my every word too seriously since this indicates
> deficiency of sense of humour.

Or poor expression by the author?  ;-)