Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?
Date: 07 Aug 2001 10:45:15 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I would be surprised if we ever have a Ukrainian turn up here looking for
> FSFE-Ukraine.

Why?  OK, the list description may give them a clue, but we appear to
be where their list ought to be...

> Given that gb < uk, and that (as a political organisation, at least
> partially) the uk area is more appropriate, I think it is better to stay
> as-is.  [...]

I thought a lot of parts of the UK that are not GB had different
incorporation structures.  If a goal is to provide a locally
recognised charity to campaign for Free Software, don't we need to
incorporate in each incorporation regime anyway?  NI may well be an
exception, although ISTR that GB firms often handle sales to NI as
exports.

> I don't think people are going to be bothered that we're not strictly
> conformant to this-iso-standard and that-convention, to be honest.

Probably not.  I just raised it as an inconsistency to see if we
should correct it.  I'm surprised at the response.