Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] List naming?
Date: 07 Aug 2001 09:32:15 +0100

E L Tonkin <address@hidden> writes:

> You're getting political all right...

No, just wondering why we're here on a list apparently about FSFE in
the Ukraine.

> Presumably we 'need' a region-specific list.  [...]

fsfe-gb then.

> Of course, I partly say this out of pure laziness, since I can't be
> bothered changing my procmailrc every fortnight ;-)

Huh?  People still use that antique with its obscure configuration
language?  ;-)

> Oh, and as for the .uk naming, it's established...  I've seen
> sillier TLDs than Ukraine's '.ua'.

Doesn't mean it's right...  nothing to do with TLDs, all to do with
ISO-639-1 (I think).

> Personally my favourite ridiculous TLDs are all the US ones, since
> they seem to have decided to take .com, .org and .net rather than
> actually use the official .us... Better to choose a mildly flawed
> system and use it than to waste half a year choosing a better one.

The com/org/net are supposed to be international, I think.  Americans
have delusions of grandeur, one assumes.