Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 17:45:40 +0530

> I meant it all along but perhaps it is hard to do it on the fly. Ther
> rules seem to be as follows:
>
> 1) Both outside (both positive), choose a smaller value
> 2) Both inside (both negative), choose a smaller value as in (-5 < -4)
> not by absolute value
> 3) one inside one outside, choose a smaller value as in (-3 < 2) not
> by absolute value
>
> I.e. always choose a smaller value combining two contours so it seems

Along with this we probably also need to find the resultant vector in case
two distances are non infinite at a same point (i.e. the distance values are
less than spread), that we can find the distance to the corner even tho
there is no actual corner in some glyphs.

Also, my progress has been slow lately because my classes have started
and there is the campus placement thing going on. I haven't yet started
doing the overlapping support, I will try to add it by next next week and
see if it works.

Thanks,
Anuj