Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 20:27:50 +0530

> Yeah. We should basically think of overlaying or combining two
> distance fields, generated independently one for each contour.
> Has this been discussed in the literature?

No, it has not been. That sounds interesting, thanks for the idea.
I will think about it tomorrow, perhaps it might solve the issue. My
only concern would be the additional memory usage, because some
glyphs have many contours. But yeah we can turn it ON only for
overlapping contours.

Thanks for the idea,
Anuj