Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:56:31 +0530

>> Werner, Are you still interested in adding API to remove overlaps?
>
> Yes, I am.

Alright, I will start reading more about it after GSoC.

>> I have updated the demo to include the new algorithm to handle
>> overlaps.  [...]
>
> Thanks, too.  What do you think about integrating this into (at least)
> `ftview`?

Yes, it can be integrated into the existing demo programs, however I
think it should have a separate demo program because of the way
SDF is rendered, it has a raw and reconstruction view as well as
various properties and bilinear filtering. Because of that I think
integrating it completely into the existing programs will clutter the
programs.
On the other hand It makes sense to integrate them into the
existing programs, so that we can compare them with other
renderers and see how it looks. It will require significant changes
to the graphics subsytem (adding bilinear filtering, render 16 bpp,
the reconstruction mode etc.). So, perhaps I should do it after GSoC?

Anuj