RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Fwd: RE: Bengali unicode encode open typefont

From: Kaushik Ghose
Subject: RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Fwd: RE: Bengali unicode encode open typefont
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:34:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Andy,

First, your grasp of Bengali is better than mine : I didn't know about the
r-y-jawfola letter ! (Or at least don't recall it, I'm sure valiant
efforts were made to teach it to me).

I agree with you. But just to make sure I understood you, this
is what you are proposing right ?

ra+hasonto+(a consonant) = reph form (as is current)
ra+hashonto+zwj+ontestojaw = ra-y-jawphola <--- proposed change
xx+ontestojaw = xx+jawphola (as is current)

I ran into this issue with lekho (due to the way its implemented in Lekho
I saw both the jawphola and the reph, and that was when I first realised
this exception !)

This is turning out to be a great way to explore my language !

-kg