Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:03:58 +0100

From: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>
> I think I will disable level locking for the 0.80 release and maybe add
> an option to the options menu.

I agree with this decision.  As a casual gamer, I only have a few minutes at
a time to play (tea breaks, waiting for a download, etc.).  So, I want
(need?) to be able to pick and choose the levels I play based on my current
circumstances. For a short game session I will want a quick, one-screen
level, for longer sessions difficult or large puzzles.

Also, some people are better at levels that require a lot of thinking while
others are better at those that require hand-eye coordination, and yet
others (me for example) are half way in between -- not too bright with poor
dexterity!

As for the gameplay angle, it would be nice if the main title screen showed
the percentage of solved or unsolved levels in each level pack in some way,
to challenge you into solving more levels.  That would add the challenge
while also removing the excessive frustration that level locking causes.

Cheers,
            Nat.