Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:33:50 +0200

Hi Stephanie et al,

Thanks to every one who commented on the locking / no locking issue. The
consensus seems to be that some of the levels in Enigma are
frustratingly difficult (even for veteran Oxyd players).  They are even
more difficult for newcomers, who would profit most from an enforced
level order.  And: there's no denying that Enigma *is* an incoherent
collection of levels, and given the current development model, there's
not much we can do about this.  Using a level locking mechanism for
adding more structure to the level packs is probably really not the best
solution, although it would be useful for certain kinds of level packs.

I think I will disable level locking for the 0.80 release and maybe add
an option to the options menu.

> I also wonder why two of the levels were changed to make them more
> difficult.  I am referring to "Mission Impossible" in the Enigma 1
> level pack, and an unnamed level (level 16) in the Esprit/Oxyd level
> pack. Mission Impossible used to have fewer lasers and Level 16 used
> to give you 3 lives, but now only gives you one.  I have also had a
> problem on several of the levels already with trigger plates getting
> stuck.

Mission Impossible is easier if you set the difficulty to easy in the
options menu.  I will fix level 16 for the final release.

The trigger plates are already fixed in the development version.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Heck