Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwr

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwriting user options
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 01:26:07 +0100

> Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 at 1:09 AM
> From: "Tim Cross" <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable,
> overwriting user options
>

> daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:
>
> >> Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 10:51 PM
> >> From: "Gyro Funch" <gyromagnetic@gmail.com>
> >> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it, "Kyle Meyer" <kyle@kyleam.com>

Please be aware that it was pointed out that one can configure
org-agenda-skip-unavailable-files to a non-nil value if she wants
non-existing/unreadable files to be skipped.

But that option isn't mentioned in the manual or the docstring of the
org-agenda-files option.  The problem is known and has been a source of great
frustration, that's why it was introduced.

Daniela is quite right.  If multiple people don't want to help her, that's
fine, many others will.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy