Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwr

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable, overwriting user options
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 01:05:15 +0100

> Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 at 12:51 AM
> From: "Tim Cross" <theophilusx@gmail.com>
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable,
> overwriting user options
>

> daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:
>
> >> Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 6:22 PM
> >> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> >> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it
> >> Cc: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>, 44935@debbugs.gnu.org
> >> Subject: Re: bug#44935: Emacs inserts hardwired org-agenda-files variable,
> >> overwriting user options
> >>
> >> * daniela-spit@gmx.it <daniela-spit@gmx.it> [2020-11-29 20:02]:
> >>
> >> We can consider those features of reporting bugs still in
> >> development. I never knew since recently that there are various
> >> reporting bug functions. You can discover it easier by using
> >> completion such as ivy package.
> >
> > Still in development?  How much thinking do people have to do
> > for this.  I can make 34 mailing lists in a few hours!
> >

> if your so sure on how it should be done and how easy it is to do it,
> then step up and do it. This is open source - there is nobody here paid
> to do this, there is nobody here who has full responsibility. If there
> is something you think is broken or not working as best as it could,
> then it is up to you to step up and do something about it rather than
> sniping from the sidelines about how it isn't good enough.

Please follow the commentary in savannah-hackers
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2020-11/msg00085.html

I agree fully with Falcon's description.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy