Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems a

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems and a slackware build problem
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:08:37 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed.  I'll apply every patch that
>
> - doesn't break current Makefile commands
> - does add a new func (even tiny) for specific distro
>
> Please send some :)

One way to make the whole deployment really portable could also be to
pass from plain Makefile to the autoconf beast.  This would also be good
to detect the Emacs version and existing external libraries which maybe
needed.

A few other extensions already do and I think it would decrease greatly
the amount of code needed (even if it would increase the "hidden
complexity").