Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:48:29 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Dan Davison wrote:
>>> Please see the manual as an example.
>>
>> Hmm? The manual is written in texinfo.
>
> BTW, what's the reason for that?  Does it still apply?  Are there good reasons
> not to move it to Org format?
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

It does still apply, IMO.  Org is part of Emacs and Info is the
documentation front end for Emacs.  I think it would be a mistake to
have the manual in any other form unless you can define and implement an
org -> texinfo exporter.

However, I am coming to the conclusion that many documents on the web
site(s) could be replaced by org files (instead of HTML).

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.228.gdcfee)