[Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:04:49 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> I changed the background of code chunks to black - please revert this
> if you find it too agressive/unreadable.   I really dislike the fake
> white we had as the background for black-on-white code chunks...

If you change the background you'll also need to change all the
foreground colors (maybe use the definitions from Eric's zen-something
theme).  As it looks now, several things will be close to unreadable on
many monitors (dark blue on black for table lines, shudder...) and I'm
not even talking about the folks with poor eyesight.

Personally I don't get the infatuation with light text on dark
background that currently spreads around the web, having worked on
re-purposed TV tubes as well as green and amber monitors for quite a
while, although their background never was as dark.  If you want retro,
you'd need to define a monochrome theme with a max. 20:1 contrast
ratio...

Achim.