Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] text color + highlight
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:37:14 +0200

Am 09.08.2010, 08:28 Uhr, schrieb Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>:

Nope, I am against this syntax.  If we introduce a more general syntax,
then it should be done in the way Samuel proposed.  WHich means
we firs get a keyword indtroducing the piece, and then properties.

Like

    $[style :color red the red text]

or

    $[face :color :italic t red the red text]

Something like the $ before "[" also would seem critical to disambiguate
from other uses of "[".

I'd prefer this kind of syntax, too.  Btw, shouldn't the syntax be:
   $[face :color red :italic t the red italic text]

?? (i.e. the red following the :color keyword, not the ':italic t')

I didn't find a canonical way to make a paragraph or a longer text passage italic

However, I am not too excited about extra syntax to get this kind of thing.
Would not oppose it, but probably never use it.

- Carsten