[Orgmode] Re: text color + highlight

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: text color + highlight
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:48:17 -0400

> Hi,
>
> Can we please first read Samuels post about extensible syntax?  Before
> we invent 20 other new syntaxes?
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10204/focus=10204

May I add this thread to the discussion as an example of another feature
that was suggested as a possible use case for extensible syntax:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/24431

This is the feature I currently want most in org-mode: org mode blocks
that behave exactly like org-mode blocks, except that their content in
reality lies in a different file. This would allow org-mode to improve
on its claim of inobtrusiveness: one could collaborate on a code project
without the other people knowing you were using org-mode to manage your
access points into the shared files. Also, I like the corollary, that a
version control system will track the code content in separate files
from the org content.

A related idea is having links with both a start and an end point:
following them would end up in a buffer to the specified region ("window
links" if window wasn't already used for a different meaning).

Any ideas welcome! (there are also ideas in that thread)

Dan