Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] latex export and beamer columns
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:33:48 +0000

At Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:05:06 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

[...]

> > However, I guess the instructions you give are actually subtly
> > incorrect?  That is, from what you say above, using setq is not going
> > to work because that doesn't invoke any hooks for the particular
> > variables.  Therefore these variable must (?)  be set through
> > customize?  Or is there some way to invoke, automatically, the hooks
> > when setting a variable directly?  Probably not.
>
> setq will work when you do it *before* loading org.el

Ah ha!  Does this apply to all the variables?  That is, are there some
that need to be defined after loading org.el?

I've always been a bit confused as to how and when variables can be
manipulated...  I guess it comes down to all these variables being
global in scope.

Anyway, setting the variables before loading org does indeed do what I
want.  My lecture slides now look as they should!  Thanks again and
sorry for the noise!