[Orgmode] Re: an annoying indentation

From: Jonathan Moore
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: an annoying indentation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 02:51:48 +0000 (UTC)

Leo <sdl.web <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ----- Carsten Dominik (2007-06-12) wrote:-----
>
> >> *** heading 1
> >> - item 1
> >> - item 2
> >>
> >> Now hit tabwith cursor right before '-', it becomes,
> >>
> >> *** heading 1
> >>     - item 1
> >>       - item 2
> >
> > The question I have is: why would you press TAB if not to indent?
>
> But in my case I use 'TAB' to indent. I feel 'item 2' should indent to
> the same level as item 1.

I agree with Leo that this behavior is a minor nuisance.  But it is really bad
if one tries an indent-region on a plain list, because indent-region-function is
nil and you get things like:
         - item 1
           - item 2
             line 1
             line 2

             - item 3
               - ...

Working out a sensible place to indent to according to the style of previous
list markers does not seem that hard in principle.  I'd be willing to try coding
an option for this.