Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:51:37 -0500

On 6/14/07, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
pete phillips wrote:
>     John> In response to which, Leo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     >> I think '- item 3' still should be aligned to '- item 2'. If user
>     >> want to move the item deeper, 'M-right' can be used.
>     >>

>     John> I agree with Leo -- or, rather, his proposal matches more nicely the
>     John> way I work. I often have lists with some items annotated and
>     John> others not annotated --
>
> I agree with John and Leo.
>
> Pete

Given that my initial suggestion of multiple TAB presses goes against
the Emacs grain, I'm also in favour of John of Leo as my lists aren't
structured in a way consistent with Carsten's proposal.

Well, there is a precedent for multiple TAB presses in python mode
(see doc string below). In practice I find it a bit confusing though.

python-indent-line is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `python.el'.
(python-indent-line)

Indent current line as Python code.
When invoked via `indent-for-tab-command', cycle through possible
indentations for current line.  The cycle is broken by a command
different from `indent-for-tab-command', i.e. successive TABs do
the cycling.

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia