Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:01:44 +0200

On Jun 12, 2007, at 19:18, Rick Moynihan wrote:

Leo wrote:
Dear list,
Anyone else find the following annoying?
*** heading 1
- item 1
- item 2
Now hit tabwith cursor right before '-', it becomes,
*** heading 1
    - item 1
      - item 2
Best,

I must admit I do run into this on occasion and it is a little annoying. It would (IMHO) be better if the first push of tab aligned with '- item 1', with subsequent tabs indenting to the next level. You should however be restricted to only going one level deeper than the above item.

Hmmm, I am not sure if I like different results after one or two
key presses.  If you want to indent deeper, you can use M-right.

How about the following proposal, which would rather consistently
base the indentation on the line before the current.

*** headline
- item 1
- item 2
here we have some text
- item 3

pressing TAB in each of the last 4 lines would give the
following result.

*** headline
    - item 1
    - item 2
      here we have some text
      - item 3

- Carsten

This said I usually create list items at the same level of indentation with M-Return.

--
Rick Moynihan
Software Engineer