emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW

From: Oliver Taylor
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 15:57:31 -0800

> On Feb 3, 2021, at 7:27 AM, Joe Corneli via Emacs-humanities
> <emacs-humanities@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> So, the problem isn’t that the title data isn’t updated; upon
> investigation, the way the bookmarks.el logic works requires you to set
> "defaults" as part of the record.

Thanks Joe! That indeed fixed the issue for me. Though I haven’t had the time
to understand it fully. Good catch!

> (All told, this motivates further investigation and use of Emacs
> bookmarks.)

Agreed! Based on my reading around the emacs blog-o-sphere it seems a little
under-used. And the bookmarks list doesn’t have as many options as, for
example, the dired or ibuffer lists (sorting, delete confirmations, etc). I
wish I was in a position to contribute.