emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 14:44:50 -0600

On 04 Feb 2021, Oliver Taylor wrote:
On Feb 3, 2021, at 8:36 PM, Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com> wrote: If all this sounds right to you, then we can float it on emacs-devel
next and then (assuming people like it) implement it. I think everything you described sounds great. I would, personally, be fine with leaving the default behavior as is and setting the variable myself. That said, I think the argument of making the behavior consistent with dired, ibuffer, etc. is strong.

*nod* Okay. I'll float the proposal as I described it on emacs-devel (perhaps in the form of a patch) and let's see what happens.

Now, I'd be happy to do the implementation. However, if you have been wanting to write Elisp, then I'm also happy to serve as reviewer for a change that you make!
That’s very generous and I am interested in learning more Elisp but, unfortunately, it’s a larger project than I can take on at the moment. I’m in the middle of a career change, a kitchen remodel, a 2nd baby on the way, and a busy job. Haha.

Heh, I totally understand, no worries. Hopefully we'll get the chance later when the kids are all grown up :-). Good luck with everything. I'll keep you CC'd on the upcoming emacs-devel thread.

Best regards,
-Karl