emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Extending Emacs Bookmarks to Work with EWW
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:12:56 -0600

On 03 Feb 2021, Stefan Kangas wrote:
Oliver Taylor via Emacs-humanities <emacs-humanities@gnu.org> writes:
Agreed! Based on my reading around the emacs blog-o-sphere it seems a little under-used. And the bookmarks list doesn’t have as many options as, for example, the dired or ibuffer lists (sorting, delete confirmations, etc). I wish I was in a position to contribute.
You may be interested to know that `M-x list-bookmarks' will provide support for sorting starting with Emacs 28. As for confirmation when deleting a bookmark, may I suggest filing a feature request to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org?

I will also do my best to watch here for requests for enhancement to bookmark features and implement the ones that are not *too* complex at least. I can't make any promises, but often these things are not hard.

Oliver, can you describe the "delete confirmation" functionality you had in mind?

(Once we have a clear idea of what we're talking about with a given enhancement, I may suggest that we move the conversation over to emacs-devel, so more of the developers can be aware of it. But getting the basic ideas worked out over here first seems like a good idea.)

Best regards,
-Karl