Re: Grammar checking

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:54:24 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, Gregory Heytings wrote:

 One of the main annoyances is that LanguageTool does not appear to be
 widely packaged[2].

Why would it be necessary to package it?

If a user has to jump through hoops to download, install, and configure it,
could we honestly claim that the functionality was part of Emacs?  If users are
willing to do all that, I would expect them to be happy to use one of the
existing third-party Emacs packages for the task.

--
Peter Oliver