Re: Grammar checking

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:45:40 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, Gregory Heytings wrote:

 https://languagetool.org/download/LanguageTool-stable.zip

 It appears to be designed as a full-blown, multi-connection server.  Even
 if it is restricted to a local address, if it were a multi-user machine
 I'd be concerned about whether other users might gain access to the text
 I've sent to the server for processing.

If it leaked text between requests, that would be a bug.  But yes, it would be
tidier if it was possible to communicate with the server via, say, a socket.

The zip file above contains the three versions of the program: GUI, client-server, and command-line.

The command-line tool takes too long to start to be of practical use to us.

--
Peter Oliver