Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 20:12:59 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What are those "non-GCC and non-Clang compilers" that are prone to
> this problem?

tcc, for instance.  Or the various compilers found on Unix systems.

> I'm okay with writing tests for this, but can be arrange for those
> tests to be run only in the Android build?  Once again, I'd prefer not
> to make non-trivial changes in our configury with a clear test case,
> and we don't have any such case that doesn't involve the Android
> build, AFAIU.

We should not assume that all the world is any specific compiler, be it
GCC or Clang.  Especially not in a configure script, whose job is to
make sure Emacs can adapt itself to any reasonable Unix system,
including ones that may show up in the future, such as a tcc-based
GNU/Linux system.