Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:01:08 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> To be fair, the impact on the build process was not really my main
> concern.  My concern is that Org does not respect the GNU standards.

We do. Org does provide manual in Texinfo format. The fact that our
texinfo version is auto-generated is irrelevant wrt GNU Standards.

> What do you think of my proposal to produce an example document,
> demonstrating the Org syntax and its possibilities?
>
> It would surely help us test our own code (parser and exporters) and
> help others write parsers/exporters (outside of Emacs).

See https://orgmode.org/list/87fsqzi4tw.fsf@localhost

P.S. Note that I am trying to keep discussion relevant to this
emacs-devel thread. More serious discussion about switching back from
.org to .texinfo should probably happen at Org ML.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,