Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 08:57:54 +0200

> I am now more concerned about Org contributors. I am not sure if we have
> a luxury to push our contributors into GNU project by forcing them to
> learn texinfo in addition to Org (note that I do not say that we should
> not encourage people to contribute to GNU; just that we should not
> discourage people from becoming Org contributors in the first place).

I will write to you off-list this week to try to find a way to define
our strategy here (beyond the sole topic of the manual).

I suggest we have an online event after the EmacsConf (Dec. 11th would
be good) to include the community in our decisions about setting up a
strategy for Org future maintenance and contributions.

> I am wondering how many Emacs developers contributed to Org in the past.
> In particular, before we switched away from .texi manual.

My impression is that these contributions have been small in size of
text modified but very useful and regular, at least as much useful as
the occasional ones received from Org casual contributors.

--
 Bastien