Re: Org mode and Emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org mode and Emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 04:14:14 +0200

Here is the email I sent when I accepted to switch to using .org as
the native format for Org documentation:

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87371gfas7.fsf@bzg.fr/

As you can read, I wanted to make the switch as an experiment to see
if we were really solving a problem here.

I believe we didn't get more contributions to the manual by switching
to .org, so I'd be in favor of switching back to using .texi as the
native format for Org's documentation.  (Not for 9.6, obviously, more
probably for 10.0 -- I'll discuss this with other Org maintainers.)

The other topics in this thread (make Org's Texinfo exporter provide
good .texi manuals, make Org more modular, etc.) are interesting, but
they are really separate questions IMHO.

--
 Bastien