Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:13:00 +0100

Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 4:23 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm
> <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:
>>
>> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:

>> Stange, the ugly logo didn't occurred to me with Emacs from your
>> installer?
>
> It's pretty obvious here, but maybe because I have an unusually
> colored background in my default theme: the lack of transparency for
> the image on the splash page is pretty unsightly.  But maybe I'm
> overreacting.  See attached.

I see, yes, could be nicer if the png were transparent.

(Without libXpm-noX4.dll the image is drawn only in black & white.)

An aside regarding dependencies: When I'm starting Emacs from your
current build from an MSYS2 shell I'm getting this warning:

  gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) GnuTLS library not found

Even though libgnutls-30.dll, libgnutls-openssl-27.dll and
libgnutlsxx-28.dll are in Emacs' bin/ directory.

This warning doesn't appear, when starting Emacs from an Mingw64 shell.
Sigh, it seems when it was build under MinGW64 it has to be started from
such a shell?

--
        Dieter