Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:58:20 -0600

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 4:23 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm
<dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:

> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 3:32 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm
> > <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:
> >>

> >>    libXpm-noX4.dll
> >>

> Stange, the ugly logo didn't occurred to me with Emacs from your
> installer?

It's pretty obvious here, but maybe because I have an unusually
colored background in my default theme: the lack of transparency for
the image on the splash page is pretty unsightly.  But maybe I'm
overreacting.  See attached.

> (And Phil mentioned this dependency explicitly in
> admin/nt/dist-build/README-scripts.)

I seem to have missed that. Thanks, indeed.

> > Do you want to patch the documentation while I further mangle Phillips
> > scripts?
> >
> > PS, not intending to side track the "simpler path" conversation you
> > are having with Eli, here, but I do think we should carry what we
> > learn back to the scripts that appear to do the job now.   In all
> > events, I suspect jannsson and harbuzz should be documented in
> > README.W32 in *some* fashion.
>
> It would be good if you document your changes and when I'm ready I can
> proofread them.

Sure, I'll get to it then.  I'll file a bug and CC you in expressly
when I have a patch.

> I don't see your files on
>    https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-28/
>
> didn't the GNU administration respond to your request yet?

I'm awaiting confirmation that I've done the needful (correctly) and
that my upload permissions are in place.