Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:40:45 -0600

> "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
> Made a mistake!

What's that like?  Never tried it, myself :P

> > Phil's installer (and archives) with a default installation:
> >
> > c:\
> > |- Program Files\
> >    |- Emacs\
> >       | x86_64\
> >         |- bin\
> >         |- ...
>
> Here's the corrected tree from your installer
> > Your installer:
> > c:\
>   |- Program Files\
>      |- Emacs\
>         |- emacs-28.0.91\
>            |- bin\
>            |- ...
>
> (The uninstaler is under Emacs\.)

I'm not sure why this is.  Could you be comparing packages from
Phillip for a full release vs mine for a pre-release?   Other than
that the only thing I can think is that perhaps I'm not executing one
or the other script from the expected folder/CWD.

Phil,  thoughts/theories?

In any case, apart from the pending/on-going discussion of what
changes to make to installer/uninstaller (and then, how critical such
changes should be considered), I feel this is probably not a show
stopper:  So far, I still think we can push the prerelease to alpha
as-is and I'd lean toward not making any change around this prior to
28.1.  WDYT?