Re: [asking] hello.. i really want to new function

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [asking] hello.. i really want to new function
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:10:08 +0100

Personal Xendia <xendia100@gmail.com> writes:

> when i search [smartindent] function, emacs dont have that.
>
> - vscode : work on [ autoindent : keep ]
> - vim : work on [ smartindent ]

Searching the web for what smartindent does in vim, I think you are
looking for emacs' `electric-indent-mode'.  If you wan't a more
aggressive behavior where not only the current/next line are
auto-indented but the complete block/function, I suggest to have a look
at the aggressive-indent GNU ELPA package [1].

HTH,
Tassilo

[1] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/aggressive-indent.html