Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 20:41:40 +0000

In short: byte-compilation is ~17.5% slower, execution is ~11% slower. Nowhere near the "in the region of 1%" that was announced.

The 1% figure was with a different benchmark. Each benchmark exercises a different part of the byte-code interpreter.

At least the test suite is not a micro-benchmark. I exercises a large subset of Emacs features, and I don't see anything in these ~110K lines of Elisp that make them significantly different from other Elisp programs. My conclusion is that Emacs is now, on average, about 10% slower.