Re: Scroll bars on macOS builds

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Scroll bars on macOS builds
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:31:43 +0100 (CET)

> Il 23/01/2022 21:06 Alan Third ha scritto:
>

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 04:06:19PM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> >
> > > Il 22/01/2022 12:33 Alan Third ha scritto:
> > > It sounds like either they're not being drawn at all, or they're being
> > > drawn in the wrong place (outside the frame bounds). I have no
> > > immediate ideas why either should happen.
> > >
> > > Are you comfortable using a debugger?
> >
> > No, I am afraid..
> >
> > All I can say is that the frame is drawn as if they are there.
> >
> > When I visit a buffer with many lines and long wrapped lines,
> > holding mouse-1 pressed and dragging where they should be, the
> > result is as if they are there. For example, long wrapped lines
> > become not wrapped exactly as on Windows build where scroll bars are
> > visible...
>
> Ah, I misunderstood your previous message, then.
>
> It sounds like they are there, because scroll events are only sent to
> Emacs from the EmacsScroller object itself, so you're definitely
> clicking on a scroller, it's just not being drawn.
>
> What system appearance do you use? Dark?

Do you mean in macOS? No, never changed the appearance; in any case it is not
dark, I do not use dark things... If you, instead, mean Emacs I sent the
screenshots.. Are you seen them?

Tim Cross wrote
> Could this be due to a macOS setting?

I did not change the settings and all other apps (browser, terminals etc.) *do
have* scroll bars! Usually te bars are visible when the window has enough text.
I am sure that in past builds also Emacs had scroll bars...