Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:56:01 +0100

Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 1:12 AM H. Dieter Wilhelm
> <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:
>>
>> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>> > Can I ask you to give my install.exe a whirl and confirm that libgmp
>> > was (as I believe) the only issue?  I'll rebuild the full set
>> > (including correcting build-deps-zips.py) as soon as I have that
>> > confirmation.

I'm sorry to say but the problem with the missing libgmp-10.dll remains
also in your installer.

I checked the Emacs-27.2 installer as well as the zip archive and both
are working as expected on this machine.

>> Please tell me if the uninstaller can remove all remnants of an Emacs
>> installation, or do I have to clean some parts of the registry or
>> whatever?
>
> If we find it isn't removing something it creates I think we should
> open bug-reports for that specifically.

Some minor observiations:

1. The uninstaller isn't removing a link to runemacs.exe.

2. The installer has the Gnu(s)-Emacs image aspect ratio rather
   distorted.

3. The installer default is "c:\Program Files\Emacs" I think it would be
   cleaner when the installation tree includes the version number.

   Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm