Re: [nongnu] main 74116339a8 2/3: * elpa-packages (anzu): New package

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: [nongnu] main 74116339a8 2/3: * elpa-packages (anzu): New package
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 00:16:46 +0100

>I think it would be beneficial to think of ways to encourage people to
>consider sending patches to Emacs or packages instead of writing up yet
>another package.  This could be in the form of posts on Reddit, IRC,
>blogs, etc.

To not reinvent the wheel maybe look at the AUR repository page for Arch Linux.

AUR repository just have a button on every package's page where the users can
report obsolete outdated packages. And where the package maintainer can adopt
or abandon (orphan) the package.

When there are issues usually the same users can reply and propose solutions or
workarounds to the others or some patches.

Then when a user updates or install those packages a warning is printed if the
package is outdated or orphan.