Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 07:15:56 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2022-01-07 15:12]:
> > What you really want is plain Emacs without customizations for new
> > users. New users will not customize it anyway.
>
> ??? Why wouldn't new users customize Emacs?  Customization is
> generally one of the first things I do in any new program I start
> using.

You are advanced computer user.

New user will most probably not customize anything. At that point when
user start customizing software, user converts from "completely new
user" to "not any more so new user", at least.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/