Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 10:42:51 -0500

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

>> I didn't yet try the package, but IMNSHO it makes the most sense in
>> core, and in that case it should also be started automatically for new
>> users, or at least suggested to them upon first invocation.

+1

> I’m afraid it would be very hard for everyone to agree on the options
> provided, the phrasing, etc, etc, if it is to be made official and
> included in core. I don’t have the energy to fight for it. If someone
> is feeling courageous, go for it; in the meantime, having it on ELPA
> is better than having nothing in core.

IMHO, if we can get your code in shape for core, we can discuss such
details after it has been merged.  For example, we could start out with
a very minimal set, and comment out anything that is not trivially
agreed upon.

Putting it on GNU ELPA does not move us closer to where we need to be,
IMHO, because it adds another set of complexities on top of the already
existing ones with adding it to core.