Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:17:10 +0300

On 31.08.2021 19:37, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Any changes that can attract new blood have my vote.

Everyone agrees with general principles,

With "any changes that can attract new blood", really?

the disagreements begin when
we consider the details.  E.g., "any changes" is definitely a
generalization that is not very useful in practice.

FWIW, I mentioned particular categories of changes.

Or as I've been saying, we love additions but hate changes. This is a distinction that's easy to conceptualize, and we could start a discussion into changing this, or at least instituting some procedures for making important non-backward-compatible changes. Nobody with power to make decisions has shown any interest, however.