Re: Gitlab Migration

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 21:53:48 +0300

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] but in fact I believe that the "slow", unfamiliar, peculiar,
> old-school whatever-you-want-to-call-them methods used in Emacs
> development may in fact be "aces up our sleeve", not just a means to
> appease those that have been using them for a number of years.

I couldn't agree more.  There are historical (and technical) reasons for
the Emacs development being the way it is.  From my point of view, the
point of view of an enthusiast and absolute beginner, I've matured
respect and appreciation for the modus operandi of this community.  I
acknowledge that "easy" options are often illusions.

I don't think Emacs cultivates "elitism".  But it does require
proficiency, which is only sensible.  If getting more people on board
entails lowering the bar, then Emacs would be subscribing to "worse is
better".  Emacs doesn't stand for that, and it's not on a race.

--
André A. Gomes
"Free Thought, Free World"