Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GitLab feature request compared with SourceHut
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 22:59:33 -0400

  > Drew summarized what I've meant with "first move".

Thanks for showing me that.

                                                       Emacs migration
  > towards a service like sourcehut may contribute to the confidence
  > and motivation of other projects to follow a similar approach.

We could switch to using the sourcehut software on a GNU server.

I think Drew DeVault is right in saying that his philosophy is close
to ours.  If we had to use some outside hosting service, I might well
say there is no better choice than his.  (I don't want to criticize
the other options without knowing what they are; they may be equally
good.)  But we'd rather have this on a GNU machine with GNU Project
people managing it.